Alan R. Ossi, DMD, MS
I feel our teeth are one of our best assets. Our smiles are with us all the time, whether we are traveling the world, graduating from college, going to an interview for a job, or just interacting with those around us. I enjoy watching my patients go through some of life’s biggest changes, and it’s exciting to know that their teeth will not be keeping them from reaching their true potential.
As the son of an orthodontist, I was always amazed at the way my father was able to interact with so many people while giving them something they could be proud of. While I was never pressured into joining the orthodontic field, I wanted to make the kind of difference in my patients’ lives that he made in his.
Education and Continuing Education
- Orthodontic Certificate and Master of Science Degree – University of Florida
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Florida
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry– Florida State University
Continuing education allows me to remain a student of the orthodontic profession while still treating patients. I am always interested in learning about new research and developments which can potentially improve my patients’ results and decrease their time in braces. As a member of several study clubs, some of which are specific to orthodontics and some that include dentists and other dental specialists, I can confidently learn about different options for my patients and ultimately provide them with the best that orthodontics has to offer.
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- Florida Association of Orthodontics
- Southern Association of Orthodontics
- Jacksonville Cleft Lip Palate Team
- Jacksonville Dental Society
- Advanced Dental Seminars of Jacksonville
- Past Director for Expanded Duties for Assisting in North East Florida
- First Coast Orthodontic Study Club, Past President
- University of Florida’s Orthodontic Alumni’s Association, Past President
Outside the Office
I was born and raised in Jacksonville as the fourth of five children and attended Bishop Kenny High School. I have been blessed with a beautiful wife, Marie Louise, and three loving children, Annelise, Louis, and Adriana. All my time away from work is happily spent with my family.
I have been a member of Jacksonville’s Cleft Lip and Palate Team since starting my practice 12 years ago, helping to take care of these patients’ orthodontic needs even if they cannot afford it. It can be challenging at times to juggle a private practice and volunteer time at the cleft clinic. However, being a father of three children, I cannot imagine how it must feel for these children and their parents. I want to make sure they are able to live a full, healthy, and happy life.